To use the Android beta version of Imagink, you will in a first step need to update your Slate to the latest firmware version (18.0). Otherwise, it won't be compatible with your Android smartphone.
To update your Slate to this latest version, follow these steps, please:
- Open the Imagink desktop app downloaded from our website.
- Plug in your Slate on your Windows PC/Macbook with the help of your micro usb cord in your Slate pack.
- Turn on the Slate by making a long push on the Power button (near the micro usb port). When the LED shines white, your Slate is ready to connect to your computer.
- A notification will appear on your screen saying that your Slate is connected to your computer.
- A popup window will appear letting you know if there is an update available for your Slate. You will just need to click on the button to start this update.
Don't worry, this will only take a few seconds.
With your smartphone, you now can visit the Play Store and download the Imagink Beta version.
Please note that this first Beta version is limited to certain smartphones and Android versions, please find in the following a non-exhaustive enumeration:
• Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S5
• Samsung Galaxy S4
• Samsung Galaxy Note 3
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2
• Samsung Galaxy A5
• Samsung Galaxy A3
• Samsung J3
• LG Nexus 5 / 5X
• Sony Xperia E5
• Sony Xperia X
• Huawei P9
• Huawei Y6 (2017)
• Huawei Mate 8
• Asus Zenfone 3 Max
• Motorola Moto G 4G
This enumeration will be enlarged continuously.
In case you should encounter any problem when trying to update your Slate or in case of any question, please just contact us via the little golden widget bottom right.