The first necessary step to connect your Android smartphone to your Slate, is to update the Slate to the latest firmware versions:
- Slate 2: 17.0
- Slate 2+: 18.0
Please note that this first Beta version is limited to certain smartphones and Android versions, please find in the following a non-exhaustive enumeration:
• Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S5
• Samsung Galaxy S4
• Samsung Galaxy Note 3
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2
• Samsung Galaxy A5
• Samsung Galaxy A3
• Samsung J3
• LG Nexus 5 / 5X
• Sony Xperia E5
• Sony Xperia X
• Huawei P9
• Huawei Y6 (2017)
• Huawei Mate 8
• Asus Zenfone 3 Max
• Motorola Moto G 4G
This enumeration will be enlarged continuously.
Please be sure to connect your Slate only from Imagink on your phone. It is not possible to connect your Slate directly from the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone.
To connect your Slate to your Android smartphone, follow these steps, please:
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your smartphone.
- Launch the Imagink App downloaded from the Play Store.
- Turn on the Slate2 by making a long press on the Power button (side LED shines white).
- Switch to the Bluetooth mode by making a brief press on the Power button (side LED shines blue).
- Open the Imagink menu bar by clikcing on the left top Plus > the gear-wheel > Search a new Slate and connect your Slate.
Please note that it might take several seconds when connecting your Slate for the first time until Imagink can detect it. Once a first connection has been established, your Slate will be connected automatically to your smartphone.
In case of remaining problems to connect your Slate, please just contact our customer support by the little golden widget bottom right: